The process of upgrading a single, distributed, or clustered KaDeck Web instance is straightforward. In many cases, you upgrade the software by installing the latest distribution over your existing installation.
The following requirements must be met for the upgrade, regardless of the type of deployment:
- You need an active KaDeck Web Administrator account.
- You may need access to the KaDeck Web database (see Upgrade Information of your version).
- You need access to the infrastructure environment in which KaDeck Web is running:
- If KaDeck Web is operated as a container, you need access to change environment variables and the container image.
- If KaDeck Web is run directly as an installation on a VM (e.g. also EC2) or server instance, you need operating system rights for the respective server/VM instances.
Please backup your database!
In most cases an upgrade from KaDeck Web is irreversible. The database should always be backed up before an upgrade so that the changes can be rolled back if an error occurs during the upgrade.
The following table provides an overview of the compatibility and possible additional guidelines for upgrading.
|Version (to)||Version (from)||Special handling?||Irreversible||Documentation|
Images and version numbers
See our Docker Hub for Docker container images.
- Version 3.1.9 - Okt. 2021
- Version 3.1.8 - Jul. 2021
- Version 3.1.7 - Jul. 2021
- Version 3.1.6 - Jun. 2021
- Version 3.1.5 - Apr. 2021
- Version 3.0.1 - Dec. 2020
- Version 3.0.0 - Nov. 2020
- Version 2.2.1 - Aug. 2020
- Version 2.2.0 - Aug. 2020
- Version 2.1.0 - Jul. 2020
Standard update/upgrade procedure
Update the deployed images of your KaDeck Web installation to the respective version number.
Please create an update of the database before.
KaDeck will detect the previous version of the database and automatically perform an update procedure.