General upgrade information
The process of upgrading a single, distributed, or clustered Kadeck Teams instance is straightforward. In many cases, you upgrade the software by installing the latest distribution over your existing installation.
The following requirements must be met for the upgrade, regardless of the type of deployment:
- You need an active Kadeck Teams Administrator account.
- You may need access to the Kadeck Teams database (see Upgrade Information of your version).
- You need access to the infrastructure environment in which Kadeck Teams is running:
- If Kadeck Teams is operated as a container, you need access to change environment variables and the container image.
- If Kadeck Teams is run directly as an installation on a VM (e.g. also EC2) or server instance, you need operating system rights for the respective server/VM instances.
Please backup your database!
In most cases an upgrade from Kadeck Teams is irreversible. The database should always be backed up before an upgrade so that the changes can be rolled back if an error occurs during the upgrade.
The following table provides an overview of the compatibility and possible additional guidelines for upgrading.
|Version (to)||Version (from)||Special handling?||Irreversible||Documentation|
|3.X||4.X||Please backup your database.||yes||Release Notes|
Images and version numbers
See our Docker Hub for Docker container images.
- Version 4.2.9 - Mar 2023 - Hotfix (Performance Issue with Schema Registry)
- Version 4.2.7 - Mar 2023 - Kadeck Teams release (Update to new docker image xeotek/kadeck !)
- Version 4.2.6 - Mar 2023
- Version 4.2.5 - Mar 2023
- Version 4.2.4 - Feb 2023
- Version 4.2.3 - Feb 2023
- Version 4.2.2 - Feb 2023
- Version 4.2.1 - Feb 2023
- Version 4.2.0 - Feb 2023
- Version 4.1.5 - Dec 2022
- Version 4.1.4 - Dec 2022
- Version 4.1.3 - Nov 2022
- Version 4.1.2 - Nov 2022
- Version 4.1.1 - Nov 2022
- Version 4.1.0 - Nov 2022
- Version 4.0.0 - Sept 2022
- Version 3.2.3 - May 2022
- Version 3.2.2 - Apr. 2022
- Version 3.2.1 - Mar. 2022
- Version 18.104.22.168 - Feb. 2022 (security patch)
- Version 3.2.0 - Feb. 2022
- Version 22.214.171.124 - Jan. 2022 (security patch)
- Version 126.96.36.199 - Dec. 2021 (security patch)
- Version 188.8.131.52 - Dec. 2021 (security patch)
- Version 3.1.9 - Okt. 2021 (updated on Dec. 2021 with security patch)
- Version 3.1.8 - Jul. 2021
- Version 3.1.7 - Jul. 2021
- Version 3.1.6 - Jun. 2021
- Version 3.1.5 - Apr. 2021
- Version 3.0.1 - Dec. 2020
- Version 3.0.0 - Nov. 2020
- Version 2.2.1 - Aug. 2020
- Version 2.2.0 - Aug. 2020
- Version 2.1.0 - Jul. 2020
Standard update/upgrade procedure
Update the deployed images of your Kadeck Teams installation to the respective version number.
Please create an update of the database before.
KaDeck will detect the previous version of the database and automatically perform an update procedure.
Please sign in to leave a comment.