KaDeck is capable of running in an offline environment.
If you have purchased licenses and KaDeck is not able to communicate with our Xeotek Link servers, you need to activate and transfer the licenses in KaDeck manually (see "Offline activation" below).
Alternatively, you can set up internet access from KaDeck to the outside. The following address must be reachable from the inside of the container if you don't want to activate KaDeck manually:
- Log in with a user that has admin privileges (e.g., your default admin user on the first setup).
- Go to the administration screen and click on "Offline activation" in the left menu.
- Follow the steps on the screen to transfer your licenses to your new KaDeck Web environment.
- Please log out and log in again after you have performed the offline activation for the changes to take effect.
Offline docker setup
These are the steps to transfer the KaDeck Web docker image to a server that runs docker without internet access:
- On a device with internet access: use
docker save xeotek/kadeckweb:VERSION > kadeckweb.tarto save the file (https://docs.docker.com/engine/reference/commandline/save/). Replace VERSION with the latest version of KaDeck Web.
- (Optional) Compress the file using
xz -9 kadeckweb.tar
- Load the docker file into the target Docker repository (the one without internet access) using
docker load kadeckweb.tar
Start KaDeck Web with the docker command as usual.