This article covers the system requirements for KaDeck Professional. Click here to learn about the requirements of KaDeck Enterprise edition instead.
If unsure, check compatibility with our free KaDeck Community edition first.
Java 8+ is required and home path must be set.
Access to internet is required* to activate the license and for periodically checking for updates.
* The following address must be accessible from your desktop client: https://licenses.xeotek.io
Supported operating systems
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 or later (64-bit)
- Mac OS 10.11 or later
- Linux 64-bit distribution that supports Gnome or KDE.
- Latest version of Debian and Ubuntu are recommended.
- 2 GB RAM minimum, 8 GB RAM recommended
- 1 GB hard disk space, SSD recommended
- 1024x768 minimum screen resolution
KaDeck was tested with Apache Kafka 1.0+ and may work with older versions but we do not recommend using any version of Kafka below 1.0 in a production environment.
See our separate article about how to set up KaDeck Enterprise and the full list of requirements.